Draft-002 is a specification of the YADIS Protocol.
YADIS is a service discovery system allowing identity sytem relying parties (aka identity consumers or membersites) to determine automatically, without end-user intervention, the most appropriate identity protocol to use to authenticate or obtain information about a proffered identifier.
There are five steps to specify a protocol to for service discovery:
- Agree on a decision process.
- Determine the requirements for the protocol.
- Specify alternatives for the protocol.
- Discuss the alternatives.
- Choose one of the alternatives.