The current version of the Yadis specification is 1.0, released March 2006.
Older documents are available at Yadis Documents.
- What is Yadis
- Yadis Implementations
- Yadis FAQ (please add your questions and answers)
- Hosting your own Yadis URL.
- Change Proposals -- proposed changes to the Yadis specification
- Change Proposal HowTo -- how to make a proposal to change the specification
- Open Issues -- general issues for which there is not a specific change proposal.
- Yadis Implementor's Guide
- Work Plan
- 4-6 Dec, 2006: Internet Identity Workshop 2006b in Mountain View, CA
- 19-21 June, 2006: Identity Mashup conference at the Berkman Center at Harvard University, MA.
- 11-13 September, 2006: Digital ID World Conference in Santa Clara, California.
- 1-3 May, 2006: Internet Identity Workshop 2006 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California.
- Yadis 1.0 specification published.
- Tuesday 21 March: Johannes Ernst (NetMesh) talked about Yadis and URL-based identity at the Microsoft Mix '06 conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Yadis implementations are being announced.
- Michael Graves (CTO, Verisign) and Johannes Ernst (CEO, NetMesh) talked about Yadis and URL-based identity at Esther Dyson's PC Forum in a session titled "The Accountable net: Trust, Reputation & Identity" (Agenda). Identity Woman was at PC Forum, too.
- Yadis specification Version 0.92, based on feedback from implementers, was released 27 February.
- Yadis and internet identity were briefly discussed at the Reputation non-group meeting in San Francisco Monday 27 February.
- Yadis and Yadis identity services were the topic of a Mashup Camp session at the Computer History Museum Monday 20 February.
- Yadis specification Version 0.9 was released 30 January. Implementors provided feedback during a one month period of review by implementation.
- On Tuesday 24 January at the O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference Identity Woman speed-geeked a roomful of attendees at the User-controlled Identity workshop around demonstrations of five different implementations of LID and OpenID. See the report on the Identity Workshop Wiki at Identity Speed Geeking.
- Johannes Ernst talked about Yadis at the Emerging Telephony conference (Identity Crisis: Namespaces Out of Control).
- The Internet Interoperability Developer Workshop, the second in the series of Internet Identity Workshops, was held in San Francisco Monday 12 December. Agenda here. Attendees here.
- The December meeting in San Francisco to gain consensus on details of the Yadis Protocol was a success. See the meeting notes.
- Use Cases: Examples of how to use Yadis to accomplish various tasks.
- Yadis People -- if you like it, add your name here.
- Yadis Implementations -- if you have one, add a link here.
- Yadis Service Types -- if you have implemented a Yadis service, specify the service type identifier here.
- Yadis Logo
- Yadis Mailing list -- for technical discussions.
- For background, goals, architecture, protocol, and contact information please see the Current Draft Specification.
- Special comment on logging in at yadis.org.
- Also see #identity IRC channel on freenode.
- Related Articles, Talks, Podcasts, ...
- Getting involved: What You Can Do